A new community-forming effort on Seattle's Eastside
From: Jonathan Kallay (yonikallay.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 21:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,  I've decided to finally get off my duff and start an effort at
forming a new community in my area. I literally just created a Facebook group
for this so would appreciate it if you passed the link along to anyone who
might be interested.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1865070823722350/
The elements I consider important here are 1) making a new intentional
community happen in an area where people already live (that is, not in the
exurbs) 2) focus on the solving the essential problem of the isolated suburban
life, without one might call the ideological accouterments that seem to attach
themselves to cohousing (vegetarianism or solar energy and food production,
say)--not because I don't believe in those things but because they are a
potential distraction. To that end, for now so I am just calling it "A Real
Community on the Eastside" to avoid prematurely falling into any terminology
traps.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Jonathan