Re: marketing Aria Cohousing in Denver to families
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 05:33:31 -0700 (PDT)
Susan, good for you to be joining Aria Cohousing! Attracting families was a
focus of one of the sessions at the Aging Better Together conference (which
I believe you attended), led by Katie McCamant, which, to cut to the chase,
advised that in all your marketing and communications, keep families in
mind. This includes providing child care so parents can come to meetings,
having events that cater to kids, marketing with pictures of families,
being present like tabling at community events that would attract families.

The Cohousing Association in our 2017 strategic plan is creating a new
initiative "Young Families in Cohousing" which will focus on encouraging
families to live in cohousing, and also supporting intergenerational
communities in attracting families. So your query is right on schedule and
I hope we can both learn from successful practices that may be posted here!
Alice Alexander, Coho/US Executive Director