Re: marketing Aria Cohousing in Denver to families
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 14:04:05 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 1, 2016, at 6:52 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Same for senior and multi-generational:  Neither is right or wrong, and each
> has pros and cons — but it’s important to end up in the community that suits
> you.  One thing to watch out for and manage over time is undesired
> demographic shift:  You may start out as multi-generational, but after 15-20
> years, aging in place may set in, and it sometimes gets very hard to attract
> new young families.

We haven’t had any difficulty attracting young households with young children
or young people planning to have children. We’ve had 3 babies in the last 2
years. 4 actually but one moved. We haven’t had people move in with the middle
ages — 6 and up. We do have a tot lot, an indoor playroom, and are building a
fort structure on the SE corner which is the size of a small house lot and is
grass and trees.

The problem in DC is the school system which not good to put it mildly. Unless
student-age children have gotten into charter schools or attend private school,
the households move.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines