Re: Groups.io [was How does your community handle internal communications?
From: Jenny Guy (jenstermeistergmail.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 08:02:00 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
sharonvillines.com
> wrote:

> > On Sep 20, 2016, at 8:08 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net>
> > wrote:
> >

> > PS: I sometimes wonder if the complaint about “too many messages” is
> really a proxy for “I feel guilty when I try to ignore community business,
> so I wish I didn’t get so many messages that imply I should be taking an
> action or participating in a decision.”
>
> It can also mean overload in one’s personal life, but more often I think
> "ignorance is bliss.” How can you feel guilty if you don’t know anything
> about it.
>
> Sharon

​Yes, I think there are several factors at play when people say they can't
keep up with community e-mails, and of course one is genuine e-mail
overwhelm​. However, when you're working so hard on the project, and in
addition to some folks not pitching in much, they can't even give you the
support of paying attention and tracking what's going on… seriously?

I get super overwhelmed with e-mails sometimes, so I understand that
concern, but it somehow seems out of proportion.

​Jenny Guy
Kingfisher Cohousing, Oakland CA​