Re: Electric smooth top stove in common house?
From: Cohousing (cohousingmindspring.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 13:13:07 -0700 (PDT)
I agree with Susan. I have had a smooth top electric stove and it cooked well
but as she said, you have to be more careful with it and you have to use smooth
bottomed pans. Cleaning is not quite as easy as being able to throw the burner
racks in the dishwasher. Ours came with the house and when we remodeled the
kitchen, we went with gas which we really prefer and would be my choice always,
if I have a choice.

We also went with the convection oven option too so we can choose between
regular oven and convection which cuts the baking time almost in half. We
almost always use the convection option. When we get our coho built I would
hope we would have gas stove and convection oven in the common house. In our
private kitchen I will opt for a microwave/convection combo choice and
eliminate a regular oven altogether. Plus I’ll take one dishwasher drawer and a
two burner stove!  We are seniors and just don’t cook big meals anymore. And we
will have the common house kitchen for cooking turkeys, hams, dozens of
cookies, etc.

Kayelily
Raleigh-cohousing.com <http://raleigh-cohousing.com/>