Re: Electric smooth top stove in common house?
From: Beverly Jones Redekop (beverly.jones.redekopgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:28:07 -0700 (PDT)
If you do go with gas, be mindful of the contradiction of our common house
kitchens: we want commercial capacity (feeding large crowds) with a homey
feel. Our kitchen is really pretty, with maple cabinets and white Corian
countertops, but our excellent gas stove makes black marks on our huge
pots...which streak all over our pretty counters.

DO go high capacity with your stove (induction or gas) and DO go attractive
residential with your kitchen (stainless steel restaurant counters would be
awful)...but go for TOUGH attractive residential.  We've broken a small
corner of the counter by the sink too, as we use massive soup pots to feed
our happy crowds.

50/50 hindsight :-)