Re: [go-finance] Reserve Studies Webinar - Are you interested?
From: Mary King (maryking1213gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 11:56:42 -0700 (PDT)
Alice,

We have used Paul Conahan from Sunward CoHousing to do our Reserve Study
and he is amazing.  We have a really robust Plan as a result - much better
funded than the minimum state guidelines require - which are kind of a
joke.

I think starting with a webinar would be great.   I would also consider
talking with Paul, as he REALLY knows what he is doing!  He can be reached
at:

paul [at] sunward.org

In addition to the method that Paul uses to figure out what items and
amounts need to go in the study, Great Oak has developed a spreadsheet that
breaks down the contributions by individual households linked to their
"portion" of the replacement costs.  For example, a smaller unit
contributes less for roof replacements than a larger unit, a unit with 10
windows contributes less than a unit with 15 windows, etc.  Based on the
interest you receive on this topic, perhaps folks might also think a
spreadsheet like ours is useful.  Let me know...

Mary

Mary

Mary King
(734) 274-0909