Re: The popularization of the term Co-housing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:41:12 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:35 PM, Lynne Markell <lmarkell [at] rogers.com> wrote:
>
> I think the term "shared housing" is a better term

The problem with this is that it is used to mean people sharing a house. The
origin of cohousing as I remember, is cooperative housing, meaning
cooperatively managed housing.,

Cooperative has other problems but it at least explains the co- in housing.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly
strangled." Sir Barnett Cocks