Re: More on the term Co-housing: two questions, two answers
From: William C. Wood (woodwcgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 04:10:52 -0700 (PDT)
> OK, I'll take the bait:  What is "full cohousing"?

I don't think I can be precise about this, but what I have in mind is about 10+ dwelling units, common house and common space, and formal governance. The reason it's on my mind is: Some of us in my area are trying to pioneer a much smaller model and we don't think of our project as "cohousing." We're occasionally called on to distinguish our approach from cohousing.

"Let ten thousand flowers bloom," a researcher once told me, expanding on Chairman Mao's thought. His hope was that a bunch of different researchers would tackle a common data set to learn from it, knowing that there would be many false trails. I think that beyond single-family housing lie some promising directions for the future, and not all of them will be "cohousing" as the members of this group would define it. Just my 0.000002 cents worth.

---
/Question 1: Should we as a society encourage alternative models of housing, somewhere between single-family residential and full cohousing? (My answer: yes)//
//
//Question 2: Should they be called cohousing? (My answer: no)//
/