Re: CommonHouse appliance warrantees
From: Ruth J Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 05:22:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi,  I sent this a few days ago, seems not to have appeared.  Trying again,
thank you in advance for your input.
On Nov 13, 2016, at 3:06 AM, Ruth J Hirsch <heidinys [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

Dear CoHousing Neighbors,

Twenty years in, we are replacing appliances in the CommonHouse: washer, fridge.

We have a quandary about extended warrantees.  We do the research, and buy the
best machines we can.  In the past, we have spent way too much money on repairs
(in the past not all purchases were researched.   )
Now we would like to buy appliances with extended warrantees*.  However it
seems not so straightforward as the CommonHouse is not a residence.

Please let us know if you have warrantees on your appliances, what you have,
if it is residential or commercial,  what company sold your warrantee.

Many thanks,
wishing you Moments of Peace, joy and delight
breathing helps,
ruth

*  I know that Consumer Reports does not recommend extended warrantees, and I
am a subscriber and supporter.   Nonetheless, in our household, we have done
well having them.  And it is what we would like for our CommonHouse if it is
possible.

PS:  I have an intermittent e-mail glitch.  If you write and do not hear back
from me shortly, please call me or please re-send.  Thank you,  Ruth