Re: CommonHouse appliance warrantees
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 14:05:48 -0800 (PST)
> On Nov 15, 2016, at 7:21 PM, Mariana Almeida via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l
> [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

>  The type of warranty is residential. Our machines break down at least once a
> year if not more... usually due to items in pockets clogging the pipes. I can
> show you a disgusting picture of the debris the repair guy found in there.

Ours used to break down because people put in to much detergent. We changed
models but never the practices o users. The machines just work better.

It has caused me second thoughts about not charging for use of the washers and
dryers. There are regular repair bills. The responses are that the CH machines
are used for many more people than the machines in any one household. I’m not
sure that is true, actually.  Paying for repairs for the laundry room when I
never have to pay for repairs to my machine. 1 in home never needs repairs, 1
in CH needs regular repairs.

It is probably not the issue of people not respecting the machines but one of
not knowing how to use the machines. I don’t have any easy way to search 17
years of records but it is probably $1,000+ a year.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC