Re: Are some ideas wrong? and do you really value diversity
From: Gerald Manata (gmanata2003yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 10:37:09 -0800 (PST)
I think I would like to jump in on this conversation. The primary reason that
people, certainly my neighbors, moved into cohousing is that they knew that
they would be surrounded with people more like themselves, in other words,
basically liberal democrats. A cohousing complex is relatively speaking, a very
undiverse place and that is the way people, consciously or unconsciously, want
it. It is an ethic of liberal democrats to say they want diversity so that is
why they publicly say it. Diversity is great, indeed very necessary, in a mass
society, but not in a cohousing complex. Cohousing is an INTENTIONAL community
created and composed of like minded people. The only way to operate consensus
democracy is if everyone is basically on the same page to begin with.