Re: Are some ideas wrong? and do you really value diversity? Just because one has a liberal political ...
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 14:11:05 -0800 (PST)
...perspective does not mean your group is not/doesn’t value diversity when it
comes to race, or gender, or age, or income, etc.   Differences in political
perspective are just one type of difference - cohousing is diverse and hopes to
be more so because we believe we learn from people who are not just like us.
Reasonable people can differ about the role of government, but not on giving
men more power than women or whites more power than people of color, or on
heterosexual familes over LGBT families. One can disagree about belief, but not
about fact based matters - you can choose what to believe, but you can’t choose
your facts.

the “same page” M. Manata refers to is, I believe, a common appreciation of the
value of community.

:)  liz

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] me.com
Pinnacle Cohousing at Loch Lyme Lodge
Lyme, NH

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire
to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

On Nov 24, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Gerald Manata via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]