Diversity in the garden
From: David Davenport (daviddavenportmindspring.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 11:36:06 -0800 (PST)
Thinking about this some more, I want my community to be like a garden. I want
my garden to be clean and well-kept. I want lots of flowers. But not all of the
same kind of flowers - that would be boring. I want roses and petunias and
tulips and flowers that I don't know the names of. I want the flowers to all
smell nice (I know, nice is subjective) and I don't want one smell to
over-power the others. I don't want weeds (unless they have nice flowers) and I
certainly don't want poison ivy and its cousins. Vegetables are welcome and a
variety of even those I don't eat. That is the diversity that I want.

Dave