Funny tangent on Re: violent video games in CH
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 08:43:52 -0800 (PST)
> It’s a hard line. Same with R rated movies. Do women have a right to disallow
> R rated movies that trivialize and advocate abuse of women? Who decides which
> demean women and which are just good fun?

When I was a youth minister (and a quite lousy one) I needed a movie for a
“lock-in”. I don’t watch many movies, and certainly not ones teens would like.

So I tell the movie store kid I need a “church appropriate” teen movie. He
hands me several with weapons on the cover. “These don’t have sex” he says.

Hmm. “I’d rather have sex than violence” I offered. He was totally unable to
compute. And I was unable to explain.

And thus, I rented two (non-violent) movies that all the teens refused to watch.

-Liz
(The Rev.) Elizabeth M. Magill
www.ecclesiaministriesmission.org
www.mosaic-commons.org in Berlin, MA