Re: A very moving portrayal of the diversity element most
From: Kay Wilson (kwilsonfiskcomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 22:05:21 -0800 (PST)
In our case, our Declaration includes a rental limit of 5 units, the owners of
which must be residents. These units are virtually always occupied by people
who would not be able to afford to buy a unit.

One of the units is set aside as "transitional" housing to help a financially
struggling family get on their feet. The rent is low, subsidized by donations
from others who live here. To qualify, a family must have at least one child
under the age of 18 and be financially needy. The family may stay a year, or
until they have the next step in place to move to. The owner is Shepherd's
Sanctuary, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization developed by some of our owners.

Kay Wilson
Meadow Wood Cohousing