graphics program mentor wanted
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 08:20:49 -0800 (PST)
I've been using the open source graphics program Gimp
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP or  https://www.gimp.org/ )
with captured Google map satelite views
of small site cohousing communities and outlines of possible sites
for Bassett Creek Cohousing, proposed 2016
http://mn.cohousing.org/bcrk/
All  images are to the same scale (after rescaling).

Gimp is similar to Photoshop in functionality. I manage to muddle thru
and do most of what I want but sometimes it would be nice to have
someone to talk to about things I have not been able to figure out
from online documentation.  It has so many capabilites the user
interface is bound to be complicated.

Also I feel as tho my "intuition" for computer interfaces was
irrevocably compromized by all of the commandline and procedural use
of computers I have done (including MSdos).  Sometimes I just can not
figure out even simple things.

Do you know of anyone using Gimp that would share their knowledge
when I get stuck?

Fred

--
Bassett Creek Cohousing, Minneapolis  http://mn.cohousing.org/bcrk/