Re: Are some ideas wrong?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 06:04:37 -0800 (PST)
There are many sites on the web that discuss the definition of “idea”. I won’t
summarize them but ideas are usually related to a proposal to act. "My idea is
to design a garden that attracts butterflies."

This is a belief or a fact. “I believe some gardens attract butterflies.” “Some
gardens attract butterflies." If there is any evidence supporting superiority,
then the evidence would be a test of whether the statement is factual based on
some criterion for “superior.” Beliefs are beliefs and often not based on
anything.

An idea can be a good or bad one depending on the results expected, etc., but
it can’t be wrong until there is no requirement for being factual.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC