Re: Responsibilities vs. Hours
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 13:49:01 -0800 (PST)
> On Dec 25, 2016, at 4:29 PM, Muriel Kranowski <murielk [at] vt.edu> wrote:
>
> Last year we created a task for a go-to person who can take complaints about
> tasks not being done and go talk to the task person, but she didn't receive
> any complaints. Maybe we haven’t publicized this enough, or maybe people
> aren't comfortable complaining about their neighbors in this way, or maybe
> 2016 was an exceptionally
> high-task-performing year :)

I think that communities develop a culture. At 17 years, our community seems to
have far less trouble with workshare. While some tasks like major maintenance
might be done sooner the problem usually is figuring out how to do it, or one
person taking on too much. Capital improvements can take years because it isn’t
so easy as calling a carpenter and saying to this. We go back and forth between
bids and design a long time.

But the regular work seems to be done much more reliably with less harping.
Part of this, of course, is our resales and rental pod that has done an
excellent job of identifying people who really want to live in cohousing. In
general it holds true that those who move in are more active than those who
move out. So with two turn-overs in some units (4 in one) we have developed in
the right direction.

Sharon.