Re: Use of science/facts in decision making
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 09:43:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

My reaction on reading your account at Wasatch Cohousing? If the facilitator said that at our meeting I would reply back, "Sure the decision will be based only on people's feelings. Like my feelings -- I will block any proposal that ignores fact and relies only on feelings!"

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing

P.S. -- Our decisions are made according to a six-step process we learned from Laird Schaub and have been using successfully for years now. The early steps include finding out *both* facts and community feelings, even before an actual proposal gets developed. A proposal is not considered plenary worthy until this has been done.