Re: Use of science/facts in decision making
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 16:28:36 -0800 (PST)
> On Dec 31, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Elizabeth Magill <pastorlizm [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> If one person believes that if their child walks through an outdoor area
> where there is smoke they will probably get lung cancer, is there any way to
> use facts to help resolve that discussion?

They don’t want the example for children of seeing someone in their own
community. It isn’t a big problem for us because almost no one smokes. I only
recently discovered that anyone smoked. We have had guests who smoked in the
guest rooms but we have just reminded people that it isn’t allowed.

We would discuss it, then the people who smoke would voluntarily not smoke in
gatherings or around children.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines