Cohousing Seed Person /Investor Wanted
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 17:26:30 -0800 (PST)
The 5 acres next to my place will be for sale within the next 6 months. It
has a nice house, workshop and dilapidated barn on it and will probably
sell for 200K more or less. My place has my large house, a casita, and an
undeveloped barn. Both places are southern slope and bordering on 3 million
acres of wilderness. 2 miles from a town of 10,000 (Silver City, NM), with
½ mile of dirt road & a creek crossing, city water, natural gas & electric,
& nice views. The seller is a fundamentalist Christian family, so
negotiating might be tricky, but it is not on the market yet.

I was the secretary for a cohousing planning group here for 6 years until
it petered out. I’d like to give it one more shot, if someone might want to
invest and help, we could have 6 units available with a little work and
room to expand.

Our cohousing group principles were earth-kindness (organic) and
cooperation. I presented at a Cohousing Conference about 8 years ago on
group development and difficult members.