Re: Changes in condo fee if a unit is expanded?
From: Sue STIGLEMAN (sstiglemanbellsouth.net)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 12:33:23 -0800 (PST)
We revised our Declaration. Here is the new text:

Item 5. ASSESSMENT AND COLLECTION OF COMMON EXPENSES [Item 5 was replaced in
its entirety in the 3/19/2016 amendment]

   - Purpose of Assessments.  The assessments for common expenses as described
in Section 47 F-3-115 of the North Carolina Planned Community Act and as
otherwise provided for in the Association’s governing documents shall be used
for the general purposes of promoting the recreation, health, safety, welfare,
common benefit, and enjoyment of the Owners and occupants of Lots in Westwood
Cohousing Community as may be more specifically authorized from time to time by
the Board.
   - Apportionment of Common Expenses.  Common expenses shall be assessed
against all Lots as follows:

   - Operating and Reserve Fund Expenditures:  The Association intends to
fairly allocate the costs of maintaining the Community by means of a formula
which takes into account the different House sizes and different amenities
available to the several Lots.  Of the total yearly Assessment, 56% shall be
assessed to the Lots in equal portions;  28% shall be assessed to the Lots
proportionately to each House's heated area, as determined by the Board; 8%
shall be assessed to the Lots proportionately to the area of the wooden or
composite decks, porches, and stairs attached to each House, as determined by
the Board; 2% shall be assessed to the Lots proportionately to the area of the
concrete patios and stairs attached to each House, as determined by the Board;
and 6% shall be assessed to all Lots except for G24, regardless of whether
those Lots are being served by the common heat/hot water system, in proportion
to the heated square feet served by the system as of the date of recording of
this Declaration amendment, as determined by the Board.  These assessments are
levied on a monthly basis.
   -  The costs of utilities shall be assessed in proportion to usage.  The
Board shall propose formulas for apportioning the costs of natural gas, water,
sewer, and other utilities, which formulas require the approval of 75% of
Owners.

 Sue Stigleman sstigleman [at] bellsouth.net 828-989-9373