Re: Post Inaugural conversation: "When do self-interests end and community begin?"
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:06:54 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 12, 2017, at 4:46 PM, Alan O'Hashi via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:
>
> Cohousers - There was a recent thread here about political correctness and
> "putting up" with "diverse" opinions in community.

One thing that has helped me is hearing why people favored one candidate  over
another. The why at least assured me we had similar values but thought there
were better or worse ways to accomplish them. I also understand the flocks that
voted for Trump who just wanted to shake the boat — it can’t get worse. It can
but I understand why they think it can’t.

I think Bernie Sanders has the best message now — work on the whole government.
That is the real problem. Otherwise Trump couldn’t have been nominated.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC