Re: Access to common areas
From: KAREN A CARLSON (kcarlson2wisc.edu)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 09:34:36 -0800 (PST)
Everyone in our community has a key that will work with the outside doors to
building with the commons.  The commons itself has two doors—one that is locked
all the time and has keypad entry (it swings open automatically to serve those
who need help with doors).  The other is key locked—it’s unlocked in the
morning and locked at night.  We have keypad entry in several places as our
residents don’t like carrying keys all the time—and the children certainly
don’t.  (Keypads  expensive to install, esp if door is to swing open, but
really valued.)

Karen Carlson
Arboretum cohousing
Madison, WI