Re: co-care agreements?
From: Mary Vallier-Kaplan (marycvkgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:06:19 -0800 (PST)
We are beginning this conversation in our community this weekend.  We have
discovered that it is important in order to engage all of our community to
frame it as a conversation about caring rather than aging as there are many
opportunities for caring that are not age related such as births,
illness/surgery/injury, birth/adoption, potential owners who come with
caring needs, expanding one's family with individuals who need caring,
etc.  Our first step is to explore these two questions: if, when and how do
you expect care from your community (different from friends and family) and
if, when and how are you willing to help your community care for a member
of the community. If a group wants to focus on caring during aging then
that may be the direction we pursue.

There are some great materials available from the coho website from last
year's session on aging in cohousing.  We are eager to learn from the
journeys of other communities.

Mary Vallier-Kaplan
Nubanusit Neighborhood & Farm
Peterborough NH