Re: Site wide internet?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 09:41:05 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 24, 2017, at 7:08 PM, Will Carter <will.carter [at] fergusllc.com>
> wrote:
>
> What companie(s) sell the service to you in DC?

RCN and Comcast.

> Do they know you are
> splitting the signal to households?

Yes. We originally we had residential service and they knew we were spitting
that too. It was too slow however. If you think about it, all businesses are
splitting the service amongst all the office workers. When we reach our service
limits, the speed just slows down.

> We have 33 units here at Hearthstone in
> Denver. Does that compare with the number of units you have at Takoma
> Village?

We have 43 units plus service in the CH. Some residents plus guests routinely
use the computer in the office, and others work on their laptops frequently in
the CH. So CH service is important.

Our geek says it is important to have password protection but we have our guest
passwords posted in the office and guest rooms.

One thing to be aware of and test if you can, is where wireless is blocked. And
it will be weird.  For those who use someone else’s wireless, it is strange
which ones are available. I can’t connect to the CH at all but can connect to
the unit above it. The distance is the same.

Good luck with you most economical options,

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC