Re: co-care agreements?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:16:43 -0800 (PST)
I'd like to add one more thing to what I said before. I mentioned that
several residents have moved or are about to move to senior living/
assisted living. I think a major contributing reason for leaving was that
they felt they couldn't contribute anywhere near the level that they used
to, and wanted to.

Some were founding members who had, one might say, time-banked a lifetime's
supply of service to the community (and we told them that), but their
ability to contribute here and now was severely diminished and some of them
felt that very keenly.

A few of our workshare tasks can be done via computer, but when someone was
an enthusiastic common meals cook for many years; signed up for cleaning
chores and some of the recurring maintenance tasks; always jumped in to
lend a hand to a neighbor in need of help; was active in governance - and
now can't do those things... it doesn't feel very good.