Re: Site wide internet?
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:28:25 -0800 (PST)
Be sure you have the in-house tech skills and capacity to manage such a system
and the associated issues. In my former community, we had several talented IT
people who implemented a great system, but community members expected them to
provide tech support for any and all problems ("I can't figure out how to
replace my printer's ink cartridge!"). It became overwhelming to them, either
providing the help or declining to help, and they pretty much withdrew from the
community for a long time, doing what was required to keep the network running
but otherwise hiding. It wasn't fair to them, and we should have managed
expectations better from the beginning.
Katie Henry