Re: Site wide internet?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:32:27 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 25, 2017, at 2:28 PM, Katie Henry <katie-henry [at] att.net> wrote:

> Be sure you have the in-house tech skills and capacity to manage such a
> system and the associated issues. In my former community, we had several
> talented IT people who implemented a great system, but community members
> expected them to provide tech support for any and all problems ("I can't
> figure out how to replace my printer's ink cartridge!”).

I second Katie. As younger more computer savvy people move-in there is much
less of this. But it has been a problem mostly from a few people who just
seemed not able to be able to remember how to do anything. They consistently
lost passwords or messed up settings and opened attachments from anyone.

One used her first name for a password and got our whole network shut down
until we found the problem. Her email address was being used to send hundreds
of spam emails. She was getting dozens of returned messages she didn’t send but
ignored them. Since we had no service, we had to track her down. Fortunately
Bluehost was able to tell us whose address was being used.

(Solution, tell everyone to change their passwords as soon as this happens.
That stops it. Unless they use the same password again.)

Also, the wireless system has been much easier to manage than any other scheme
we have tried.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines