Re: co-care agreements?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 09:16:41 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 26, 2017, at 1:12 PM, Cohousing <cohousing [at] mindspring.com> wrote:

> Question for Shadowlake Village: Does your multigenerational coho include
> amenities for aging in place such as one level homes and common house with no
> steps, 36” doorways to accommodate wheelchairs, break-away under cabinetry
> for knee space in wheelchair, 5’ area in bathroom to rotate wheelchair, grab
> bars, level walkways without steps, etc?

These are all accessibility issues. If you do a Google search on
“accessibility” and “universal design” you find lots of guidelines. These
features apply to all of us, not just seniors. Not every one  in a wheelchair
is old. Strollers and bikes. Kids with broken legs. Accessibility foo visitors.

I have to look up the source of this information, but typically seniors do live
at home or independently with relatives until the last 2 weeks of life. The
nursing home vision applies to relatively few people. It isn’t inevitable.
While aging is, permanent disability isn’t.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC