Re: co-care agreements?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:19:08 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 27, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Eris Weaver <eris [at] erisweaver.info> wrote:
>
> That last sentence is the key question: How many non-working members can a
> given community sustain in the long term?

In an interview, probably on PBS, a few years ago a researcher said that it
takes 3 daughters to maintain parents in their home. Sons usually don’t provide
care—which makes China’s emphasis on having a boy a bit suspect.

Many of us had the same feeling when a family with 3 children to rent a unit.
We had 20 children including a cluster of loud, active 10 year olds. How many
children can we live with. But over time it has really sorted itself out.

People in their 50s and 60s are the most active workers here. They have skills
and are ready to put their energy into building community. They aren’t
distracted so much by their children.

But in terms of fairness, not siphoning off the perfect people, what are the
percentages in the general population?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines