Re: Cohousing Cookbook
From: Heather Carver (tierrabodhigmail.com)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:03:12 -0800 (PST)
Most of the recipes on cohousing.org have serving sizes of 4-6, so anyone
wanting to use them for a community meal would need to do some arithmetic.

A former resident here once showed me a cookbook from a retreat place she
used to visit--it had the type of grid mentioned, each column showing the
quantity of each ingredient to use for that number of diners. I use a
recipe program (MacGourmet) in which I can scale the ingredients of any
recipe to a specified number of servings. Some recipe websites have this
feature as well. However, that only changes the amount of the ingredients;
it does not offer any help with adjusting pan sizes or cooking times. (When
I first started cooking community meals, the biggest surprise was how much
longer it takes to cook large quantities!)

I'm certain Sean could come up with good, user-friendly ways to do all
this, if enough people are interested. I'd be happy to contribute recipes.

Heather Carver
Columbia Ecovillage