Re: A question about annual tips to service providers
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 08:22:58 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 30, 2017, at 8:56 AM, Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> Maybe a nicely prepared letter or card

One year when I had no money and was renting in a large expensive condo, I made
certificates of appreciation for the 35 workers. I can’t even remember how many
of the workers sought me out to say thank you. The doorman came running out
across the driveway to shake my hand he was so happy. When it isn’t about
money, it’s easier to be very grand in appreciations.

(I don’t know if they would have been as appreciative if I had lived there
permanently and did that every year.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines