Re: Managing communications
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 04:33:46 -0800 (PST)
We've been using Google Drive for a few years.

It's not a perfect solution, and not everyone is comfortable with it, but it's what we use.

Whatever you choose, you have to have at least a couple of people who get down into the tedious details of how best to set it up and how to use it so that they can in turn provide training for all your members. Even after that, some people will never quite get the hang of it and will pester you to email them or print and snail mail them documents.

Someone will have to have the ongoing role of keeping things organized and tidy when other people misfile documents or otherwise screw up.

And--lesson learned the hard way--back everything up to a different service (such as Dropbox). Your entire Google Drive hoard can be irretrievably deleted by an errant keystroke.

Good luck!

Dick Margulis
Rocky Corner cohousing
The first cohousing community in Connecticut
Construction imminent

Suzy Sharp wrote:
As a newly forming cohousing group, we struggle with how to manage
communications among members of the group and groups of members, e.g. those
attending a Study Group and/or those attending General Meetings, etc. We're
also trying to figure out how to store minutes, agendas, and other
information so that folks can access the documents on their own (as opposed to
emailing everything to everybody). What have other groups found that
works to better manage group communication or group documents? Thanks for your
input.