Re: A question about annual tips to service providers
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 10:51:09 -0800 (PST)
I gather that nobody (on this listserv anyway) has an official policy to
tip these workers, and apparently most don't do it informally either.

I'm not knocking friendly gestures like cookies and thank-you cards, which
I think are always welcome, but even $20 or whatever each of them gets from
us (I hope it's more than that but I don't know) helps them out some at a
spendy time of year and says "thank you." I'm pretty sure my neighbor
writes up a very nice note of appreciation to go with the cash.