Re: Can a moderator help manage emotional email?
From: Tom Smyth (tomtomsmyth.ca)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 06:25:28 -0800 (PST)
We are in the process of amending our email policies and creating an open
"talk" list, so I'm curious about this too. We have been leaning towards a
looser "everyone moderates everyone" model since placing all the
responsibility on one person or small group seems like a lot.

For meetings, we just had a visit from Laird Schaub who recommends a
specific protocol for addressing conflict in meetings (and yes, this is
done by the facilitator, preferably right in the moment). We are in the
process of implementing it. He also recommends a 'heart team' (we call it
'peacekeeping') for dealing with conflicts outside of meetings. Check out
his blog, it should all be on there.