Re: Common house designation for legal purposes
From: Tom Smyth (tomtomsmyth.ca)
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 06:43:38 -0800 (PST)
It all depends on the law in question I believe.

The one I've done some research into is the ADA. My understanding is that
the common house can be deemed to be a "public accommodation" if e.g. you
host public events there, charge admission, etc. In that case, you become
subject to the ADA regulations and can be sued and forced to put in e.g.
accessible bathrooms if you don't have them already.