Hobs in common house
From: Malcolm Eva (malcolmmalcolmeva.plus.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 00:42:42 -0800 (PST)
Hello all

At the moment we have a discussion going on about replacing our gas hobs in the
common house kitchen with induction hobs.  As might be expected at this stage,
there are strong views both for and against.  One contribution which disturbed
me concerns the effect of induction hobs and their electro-magnetic field, on
pacemakers.

Does anyone on this list have experience of such a problem?  If you have a
pacemaker, have you been given a warning about using, or getting too close to,
an induction hob?  If you use induction hobs in your common house, has anyone
complained or been unhappy at this choice?  Has it made a difference to cooking
efficiency and/or safety?

Thanks for any replies

Malcolm (Springhill cohousing).