Re: Common house designation for legal purposes
From: Alan O'Hashi (
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 06:02:28 -0800 (PST)
i run film festivals. if a space like a common house is used to show a movie or 
have music, if it's an event by invitation only - regardless of who is invited 
- it's a private event. if your space is being used for an event at which 
anyone (general public) can attend to see the movie or the music - regardless 
of whether a ticket is required or not - is public and subject to royalties / 
performance fees.

if you provide alcohol at a public event a temporary liquor license is also, 
generally required, but check with your local government.

watch how you advertise, too. i have a war story about that.

Alan O'Hashi
Views from Behind the Lens
Wyoming 307-274-1910
Typos By iPhone

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.