Re: Common house designation for legal purposes
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:59:31 -0800 (PST)
There are issues only if you are charging admission. Contributions don’t count.
Any injuries should be covered by your insurance—they are you guests. And with
a building permit for occupancy the building has been designated as safe for a
certain number of people.

At least that is the way it is in DC.

Sharon.