Re: Roles: spread, rotating or fixed
From: Julie Gallagher (jgall63gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 08:02:22 -0800 (PST)
We have a facilitator and recorder at each monthly meeting. At the end of
each meeting, someone volunteers for these roles for the next meeting. One
member who's especially skilled at taking minutes is the recorder for every
other month, and a volunteer does it the other months. Five or six people
who are comfortable leading meetings tend to volunteer for the facilitator
role. There's no expectation that everyone will take a turn. For other
recurring tasks, people tend to adopt jobs as "theirs" and do them
routinely, asking for help if they're going to be away or aren't feeling
well. For example, mowing the common area, doing the common house laundry,
taking the common house garbage cans out to the road on pick-up day,
planning the garden. For one-time jobs, often someone will will either do
it themselves or, if it's beyond their ability, send an email to the
listserv and someone will step up to do it. This works better for us than
trying to rotate jobs.

Julie Gallagher
Cantine's Island Cohousing, Saugerties, NY