Re: Roles: spread, rotating or fixed
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:24:19 -0800 (PST)
> On Feb 11, 2017, at 8:19 PM, Muriel Kranowski <murielk [at] vt.edu> wrote:

> I wonder if the idea of fully rotating the roles of meeting facilitator and
> note-taker belongs in an early stage of a cohousing project, and tends to
> disappear with time.

Rotating all roles originated in the women’s movement in the 1970’s. Partly to
preserve equality in the group and partly to encourage women to develop their
skills.

A great amount of power is often attributed or invested in these roles.

Personally, I prefer that people who want to do a job do it, either because
they have the skills or want to develop them. Rotating can be very hit or miss.

What would happen if all the teachers in a school rotated through classrooms.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC