Re: Affordable Housing
From: Noel Rosenberg (noelthesubnet.net)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:38:36 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017, Brian Bartholomew via Cohousing-L wrote:
| Repeal all the site permit requirements unrelated to fire, sewer, wind
| hazards and houses might be buildable for $50K.

That seems extraordinarily short-sighted.  What would we be giving up in
the process?  Just from your list, dropping sidewalk requirements mean
streets/neighborhoods that are less walkable.  There are plenty of safety
regulations that have nothing to do with fire or wind codes.  And that is
just a start on a list.

Which is all to say that permit requirments, like any laws or regulations,
make trade-offs and I find it valuable to always look at the specifics of
them rather than making blanket statements like that.

-Noel