Re: "Good" schools and urban cohousing
From: Jessie Kome (jehakome.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:18:28 -0800 (PST)
Hi-

Answering the question about whether any parents chose Eastern Village
Cohousing (in Montgomery County, MD) over Takoma Village Cohousing (in DC)
based on the public schools - yes, I did. Eastern Village is in a cluster of
schools that feed up to the excellent Montgomery Blair High school through
several good elementary schools, a math magnet middle school, and lots of
possibilities for other options. The EVC kids have dominated selections for our
corner of the County's center for the highly gifted for more than a decade. We
are also very close to a very good Jewish community day school and a short
distance from Waldorf and Quaker schools. Based on conversations here over the
years, I am sure that the quality of the nearby schools factored in to many
households' decisions to live here.

Not just for families with kids, BTW. It is pretty well known around here that
the County invests in a well-planned maintenance, upgrade, and replacement
cycle for the schools, especially the Title I impacted ones, and this is a
strong support for residential real estate values county-wide.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, MD