Re: senior vs multigen
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 09:23:11 -0800 (PST)
> On Mar 2, 2017, at 11:29 AM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at] olympus.net>
> wrote:
>
> The physical work of the community is largely done by those in their 50s and
> 60s, some 70s-- the younger ones are busy with kids, the elders are less
> able-bodied now. The committee type work is done by all.

The same is true here. There is a burst of energy when people hit 55-65 or so.
Even if they have been steadily active before that, they are now much more
active. Some younger people prefer workdays to more meetings — they have
meetings all day.

Some take on major projects, one at a time, rather than other tasks. Right now
one person has devoted himself to replacing the gas hot water heater so it can
be put in the basement under the faucets where it is used. It seems easy — call
someone and get bids but it isn’t. It means understanding our plumbing
(hidden), the best heater, how large, etc. It takes tons of time.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org

  • Re: senior vs multigen Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah, March 2 2017
    • Re: senior vs multigen Sharon Villines, March 2 2017