Re: Conference session on resales (was Right of First Refusal)
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:01:54 -0800 (PST)
> On Mar 8, 2017, at 11:23 AM, Kathryn McCamant <kmccamant [at]
> cohousing-solutions.com> wrote:
>
> I agree with Eris. I think resales is a much under considered issue in most
> existing communities. I would recommend this session for anyone who is
> already living in their community.

And we have a master team with lots of practice, For some reason having more to
do with the stars than the community, we have had a lot of sales in the last 3
years. 5-6 this year and more in other years. Relocations for jobs, age, death,
better schools, etc.

And they have facilitated voluntary contributions to our capital
improvement/special projects fund. We now have $40,000 for new projects. And
sales have been organized and much smoother for sellers and buyers.

While not having rules or requirements, the new residents have been 100%
cohousing appropriate and jump into tasks, teams, and meals.

As an artist, I worry that we are becoming too institutionalized, but there is
less unpredictability and more efficiency. I wake up longing for some post
move-in chaos, panic, and table pounding.

“The story of history is increasing organization.”

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC