Need help - zoning
From: Ty Albright (tmalbrightverizon.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 08:45:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Cohousers - can you tell me:

1). I need actual examples of what zoning (land use) designations other
municipalities / cities have used to allow cohousing.

2). Do you have suggested language to describe the zoning land-use that
would allow cohousing - but also be broad in scope to allow cohousing like
developments?

I'm working with the City of Denton Texas on a tiny house village for
homeless veterans - we have explained to them the benefits of cohousing and
how we plan to use "cohousing like" strategies for design and resident
formation - the city is supportive and has offered to develop for approval a
new "Cohousing" land use designation.  If this is successful it could be a
home run for cohousing elsewhere - people could point to Denton Texas as an
example where municipalities are recognizing cohousing.

The lead for the land use / zoning group is preparing a proposal for city
approval - and has asked for help to identify what other municipalities /
locations have done.

If you can share any feedback / actual examples that would be much
appreciated - thanks

Ty

Ty Albright Project Management
Little Red Hen LLC
214-336-7952
 <mailto:tmalbright [at] verizon.net> tmalbright [at] verizon.net
 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/tmalbright> www.linkedin.com/in/tmalbright