Membership options
From: Bette Grant (beeegrantgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:49:47 -0700 (PDT)
Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing (OMC) in Eugene, Oregon is interested in hearing about creative membership options. OMC has been stalled in the court appeal process for 3 years due to neighbor opposition. This delay has taken a toll on our membership; while once 23 out of 28 units were reserved, we are now down to a quarter of that. While we are optimistic about clearing the final legal hurdle, this is at best a year away. Interested parties are unlikely to take the step to full membership - putting down 5% of their desired unit cost - until legal matters are resolved. But are there creative ways to get them hooked on becoming part of our community (if of course, it is right for them) and infusing some needed funds? Currently our first step is to pay $100/month to become an Associate member, a category you can "rest in" for up to 6 months before making a decision to proceed to full membership, or not. What other models exist in the cohousing world. Would love to hear about yours!