Re: How big is too big (for a house)
From: Jessie Kome (jehakome.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

Have you talked to the folks at Arcadia Cohousing in Carrboro, NC? They have
years of experience with a community with a range of house sizes and they might
be able to offer some insight.

Your question raises another issue. Here at Eastern Village, we have a larger
range of unit sizes and household income levels than is typical for a condo
community, and in the early days we struggled with making decisions about money
and projects. So I also suggest that you start discussions about how to talk
about money early because it sounds as if you are going to have a range of
incomes and ideas about money. In my experience, you will need to create a
common understanding about how community projects will get funded. Do the
people providing the funds decide? Does everyone kick in to a common kitty and
the community decides ( as happens during development)? There are a lot of good
discussions on this listserv about budget games and other ideas.

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland